How to Install Memory Card on Samsung Galaxy S8Your Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Edge and Galaxy S8 accepts memory cards with maximum capacities of 256 GB. Depending on the memory card manufacturer and type, some memory cards may not be compatible with your device.
- Some memory cards may not be fully compatible with the device. Using an incompatible card may damage the device or the memory card, or corrupt the data stored in it.
- Use caution to insert the memory card right-side up.
- The device supports the FAT32 and the exFAT file systems for memory cards.
- When inserting a card formatted in a different file system, the device will ask to reformat the card or will not recognise the card.
- If the device does not recognise your memory card, format it on your computer.
- Frequent writing and erasing of data shortens the lifespan of memory cards.
- When inserting a memory card into the device, the memory card’s file directory appears in the My Files → SD card folder.
- Insert the ejection pin into the hole on the tray to loosen the tray.
- Ensure that the ejection pin is perpendicular to the hole. Otherwise, the device may be damaged.
- Pull out the tray gently from the tray slot. When you remove the tray from the device, the mobile data connection will be disabled.
- Place a memory card on the tray 2 with the gold-coloured contacts facing downwards.
- Gently press the memory card into the tray to secure it.
- 5 Insert the tray back into the tray slot.
- If you insert the tray into your device while the tray is wet, your device may be damaged. Always make sure the tray is dry.
- Fully insert the tray into the tray slot to prevent liquid from entering your device.
You have learn how to install Galaxy S8 SIM Card before, next if you want to remove the memory card without turning the Samsung Galaxy S8 off, then you have to use the following procedure: Before removing the memory card on Galaxy S8 Plus and S8 Edge, first unmount it for safe removal.
- On the Home screen, tap Apps → Settings → Device maintenance → Storage → → Storage settings → SD card → Unmount.
2 Pull out the tray gently from the tray slot.
Galaxy S8 Plus Manual Formatting the memory card
A memory card formatted on a computer may not be compatible with the device. Format the memory card on the device.
- On the Home screen, tap Apps → Settings → Device maintenance → Storage → → Storage settings → SD card → Format.
3 Remove the memory card.
4 Insert the tray back into the tray slot.
Do not remove the memory card while the device is transferring or accessing information. Doing so can cause data to be lost or corrupted or damage to the memory card or device. Samsung is not responsible for losses that result from the misuse of damaged memory cards, including the loss of data. Congratulations you have successfully learned how to install memory card on samsung Galaxy S8 Plus.