How to Set Up Samsung Galaxy S8 PlusThe Galaxy S8 Edge Dual-curves screens for all is significant from a manufacturing perspective. It mean that Samsung had finally scaled the production process enough to make enough curved screens for all its global phones. The Galaxy S8 could come in two sizes. While some it as the Galaxy S8 Edge, the larger of the two devices has another nickname, the Galaxy S8 Plus. Keep reading for more Galaxy S8 Edge settings and hardware specs.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Manual to Set Up Your Device
Turn On or Off Samsung S8, the instructions below explain how to turn your device on or off.
To turn the device on : ►► Press and hold the Power key until the device turns on.
To turn the device off :
1. Press and hold the Power key until the Device options menu is displayed.
2. Tap Power off, and confirm if prompted.
Galaxy S8 Restart the Device
If your device stops responding and had Galaxy S8 problems to taps or finger gestures and you are unable to turn it off, you can restart Galaxy S8.
►► Press and hold the Power key and the Volume down key at the same time for more than seven seconds.
Manual Galaxy S8 Initial Set Up
The first time you turn your device on, a Welcome screen is displayed. It guides you through the basics of setting up your device. Follow the Galaxy S8 instructions to choose a default language, connect to a Wi-Fi® network, set up accounts, choose location services, learn about your device’s features, and more. Accessibility options can be configured by tapping Accessibility.
Galaxy S8 Smart Switch
Use Galaxy S8 Plus Smart Switch™ to transfer contacts, photos, and other content from your old device. You can also use the included USB connector to copy content quickly and easily from your old device, without installing the Smart Switch app. Here the Smart Switch Tutorial :
The USB option must be set to Media device (MTP) on the other device. Transferring content with a USB cable may increase battery consumption. Make sure your battery is fully charged. The USB connector does not charge the battery.
1. Select Smart Switch during setup.
From a Home screen, tap Apps > Settings > Backup and reset > Open Smart Switch.
2. Follow the prompts and select the content to transfer.
Visit samsung.com/smartswitch for more information and to learn how to use the USB connector to transfercon tent faster.
Start using your smartphone in minutes. Just download the Smart Switch Mobile app or software for Mac/PC and follow our Smart Switch Tutorial step-by-step below.
- Download the Smart Switch app to transfer items directly from your old smartphone to your new Galaxy device. Get the Samsung Smart Switch App. use USB OTG cable supports iOS 10 transfers
- Download and install the Smart Switch software to transfer items directly from a PC or Mac to your new Galaxy device. Download for PC Download for Mac
- PC/MAC supports iOS 9 transfers, for other devices, use the Kies app
- Use Kies if your device isn't compatible with Smart Switch.
Use your device’s screen lock features to secure your Samuns S8.
Galaxy S8 Tutorial Lock the Device
By default, the device locks automatically when the screen times out.
To lock the device: ►► Press the Power key.
Unlock the Device
The default Screen lock on your device is Swipe.
Galaxy S8 Tutorial to unlock the device:
►► Press the Power key or Home key, and then drag your finger across the screen.
Note: To choose a more secure screen lock,Lock Screen and Security
Secure your device and protect your data with Lock Screen and Security settings.
Set a Screen Lock
It is recommended that you secure your device using a Screen lock.
1. From a Home screen, tap Apps > Settings.
2. Tap Lock screen and security > Screen lock type to select a screen lock and level of security:
- Swipe: Swipe the screen to unlock it. This option provides no security.
- Pattern: Create a pattern that you draw on the screen to unlock your device. This option provides medium security.
- PIN: Select a PIN to use for unlocking the screen.
This option provides medium to high security.
- Password: Create a password for unlocking the screen. This option provides high security.
- None: Do not lock the screen.
- Fingerprints: Use fingerprint recognition to unlock the screen. This option provides medium to high security.
- Irises: Use iris recognition to unlock the screen.
- Tap On/Off to enable or disable showing notifications on the lock screen.
- Hide content: Enable to hide the content of notifications.
- Notification icons only: Enable to hide notification details and show only the icon.
5. Choose a screen lock option:
- Info and app shortcuts: Display a dual clock, owner information, and app shortcuts on the Lock screen.
- Notifications on lock screen: Show notifications on the Lock screen.
- Secure lock settings: Set your secure lock functions such as Secured lock time and Smart lock. This option is not available with Swipe. Options vary based on the screen lock type.
Use S8 fingerprint recognition as an alternative to entering passwords in certain apps. You can also use your fingerprint to verify your identity when logging in to your Samsung account. Fingerprint recognition uses the unique characteristics of each fingerprint to enhance the security of your device. The likelihood of the fingerprint sensor confusing even small areas of two different fingerprints is very low. But in rare cases, the sensor may recognize a fingerprint that is similar to a registered fingerprint. How to Setup Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus and Read more Galaxy S8 Fingerprints tutorial for new Samsung Bixby