How to Update Samsung Galaxy S8Samsung Galaxy S8 are 4200 mAh Battery Capacity Rate, 6GB of RAM, Android 7.1 Nougat, AMOLED Display, Snapdragon Qualcomm Octa-Core 3.2 GHZ, 64GB and 128GB expandable internal storage, 4G LTE and Bluetooth 5.0 . The Samsung Galaxy S8 edge plus is also have a built-in fingerprint scanner, iris scanner, dust-water resistance, mini projector, wireless charging and fast charging.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Manual Update the device
The device can be updated to the latest Android software. To update your device’s software or change the update settings follow this instructions:
- On the Settings screen, tap Software update.
- Choose the folowing Galaxy S8 update option :
- Download updates manually: Check for and install updates manually.
- Download updates automatically: Set the device to check for and download updates automatically when connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Scheduled software updates: Set the device to install downloaded updates at a specified time.
Galaxy S8 Guide
There are 2 methode to update your Galaxy S8 :
- Update over the air
- Updating with Smart Switch
1. Updating over the air
Both of Samsung S8 / S8 Plus can be directly updated to the latest software by the firmware over-the-air (FOTA) service.
- On the Apps screen, tap Settings → Software update → Download updates manually.
When you tap the Download updates automatically switch to activate it, updates will be downloaded when the Galaxy S8 Wi-Fi is connected to a network.
2. Updating with Smart Switch
You can update your Galaxy S8 using the computer or laptop, but it must connected to internet, and follow the tutorial below :
- Connect the device to a computer and update the device to the latest software.
- On the computer, visit www.samsung.com/smartswitch to download and install Smart Switch.
- On the computer, launch Smart Switch.
- Connect the device to the computer using a USB cable.
- If a software update is available, follow the on-screen instructions to update the device.
Warning on Update :
- Do not turn off the computer or disconnect the USB cable while the device is updating.
- While updating the device, do not connect other media devices to the computer.
Uninstalling or disabling apps
After update proses finished, you can uninstalling or disabling apps as you want to increse Galaxy S8 performance.
- On the Apps screen, tap → Edit. The icon appears on the apps that you can disable or uninstall.
- Select an app and tap DISABLE or OK.
Alternatively, on the Apps screen, tap Settings → Applications, select an app, and then tap DISABLE or UNINSTALL.
• DISABLE: Disable selected default apps that cannot be uninstalled from the device.
• UNINSTALL: Uninstall downloaded apps.
Enabling S8 apps permisions
On the Apps screen, tap Settings → Applications → → Disabled, select an app, and then tap ENABLE.
Galaxy S8 Setting App Permissions
For some apps to operate properly, they may need permission to access or use information on your Galaxy S8. When you open an app, a pop-up window may appear and request access to certain features or information.
- Tap ALLOW on the pop-up window to grant permissions to the app.
- To view your app permission settings, open the Apps screen and tap Settings → Applications.
- Select an app and tap Permissions.
You can view the app’s permissions list and change its permissions.
To view or change app permission settings by permission category,
- Open the Apps screen, tap Settings → Applications → → App permissions.
- Select an item and tap the switches next to apps to grant permissions.
If you do not grant permissions to apps, the basic features of the apps may not function properly.
Customise Galaxy S8 System Settings
- On the Settings screen, tap General management.
- Language and input: Select device languages and change settings, such as keyboards and voice input types. Some options may not be available depending on the selected language.
- Date and time: Access and alter the following settings to control how the device displays the time and date.
- If the battery remains fully discharged or removed from the device, the time and date is reset.
- Contact us: Ask questions or view frequently asked questions. Refer to Samsung Members for more information.
- Report diagnostic info: Set the device to automatically send the device’s diagnostic and usage information to Samsung.
- Marketing information: Set whether to receive Samsung marketing information, such as special offers, membership benefits, and newsletters.
- Reset: Reset your device’s settings or perform a factory data reset.