Mastering Galaxy S8 Wi-Fi SettingsNew Samsung Galaxy S8 Wi-fi Specs WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), MU-MIMO(2x2) 620Mbps, potentially improving the speed as well as the quality of the connection a great deal.
Broadcom says the chip supports the dual-stream (2x2) setup of 802.11ac that has a top speed of 867Mbps, quickly switch between the traditional single-band mode to RSDB mode for applications that require concurrent multiband connections for higher quality of service.
Using the combo chip Wi-fi, combines 2x2 MIMO 5G Wi-Fi with Bluetooth 4.1 and FM radio, and its key features include more advanced functions, increase in throughput performance, low power, fast scan, enables simultaneous scan, reduction scan time, and fast switch make more eficienct and improve for long time Galaxy S8 battery life.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Wifi Settings
Now lets learn mastering Galaxy S8 Wi-Fi. No servise? absolutly you not turn it on. On the Settings screen, tap Connections → Wi-Fi, and then tap the switch to activate Galaxy S8/S8 Plus Wi-Fi.
By activating the Galaxy S8 Wi-Fi feature you can connect to a Wi-Fi network and access the Internet or other network devices and you can improve by read our usefull tips and tutorial be the master Galaxy S8 Wifi.
Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- On the Galaxy S8 Settings screen, tap Connections → Wi-Fi, and then tap the switch to activate it.
- Select a network from the Wi-Fi networks list. Networks that require a password appear with a lock icon.
- Tap CONNECT.
- Once the device connects to a Wi-Fi network, the device will reconnect to that network each time it is available without requiring a password.
- To prevent the device connecting to the network automatically, select Samsung Galaxy S8 forget wifi from the list of networks and tap forget.
- If you cannot connect to a Wi-Fi network properly, restart your device’s Wi-Fi feature or the wireless router.
Wi-Fi Direct Using Galaxy S8
Wi-Fi Direct connects devices directly via a Wi-Fi network without requiring an access point.
- On the Settings screen, tap Connections → Wi-Fi, and then tap the switch to activate S8 Wi-Fi Direct feature.
- Tap Wi-Fi Direct. The detected devices are listed.
- Select a device to connect to.
If you want to connect to is not in the list, request that the device turns on its Wi-Fi Direct feature.
Samsung Galaxy S8 File Sharing via Wi-Fi Network
You can share data, such as contacts or media files, sending and receiving data, with other devices. The following actions are an example ofsending an image to another device.
- Tap Gallery on the Apps screen.
- Select an image.
- Tap Share → Wi-Fi Direct, tick a device to transfer the image to, and then tap SHARE.
- Accept the Wi-Fi Direct connection request on the other device.
- If the devices are already connected, the image will be sent to the other device without the connection request procedure.
Transfer data from your previous device to your device wirelessly via Wi-Fi Direct. On the S7, Note 7, and previous device Samsung Smart Switch has released. It's new for Samsung S8/S8 Plus and if you do not have the app, download Samsung Galaxy S8 Smart Swich from Galaxy Apps or Play Store.
- On your device, tap Apps → Settings → Cloud and accounts → Smart Switch.
- Place the devices near each other.
- On the Settings screen, tap Connections → Wi-Fi.
- Tap Wi-Fi Direct. The device displays the connected devices in the list.
- Tap the device name to disconnect the devices.
You can use Galaxy S8 Quick Connect feature that quickly search for and connect with nearby devices, such as Bluetooth headsets or TVs, using the Quick connect feature. If the device you want to connect does not support the Quick connect feature, activate its Galaxy S8 Wi-Fi Direct or Bluetooth feature before launching Quick connect on your device. But the connection methods may vary depending on the type of connected devices or the shared content.
Galaxy S8 Manual connecting to other devices
- Open the notification panel, swipe downwards on the notification panel, and then tap Search phone and scan for nearby devices.
- Tap Scan for nearby devices. The Wi-Fi and Bluetooth features will be activated and the device will automatically search for nearby devices.
- Select a device from the list and connect to it by following the on-screen instructions.
- The next steps may vary depending on the connected device.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Hotspot
Use the Galaxy S8 as a mobile hotspot to share the device’s mobile data connection with other devices when the network connection is not available. Connections can be made via Wi-Fi,
USB, or Bluetooth. You may incur additional charges when using this feature.
- Mobile hotspot: Use the mobile hotspot to share the device’s mobile data connection with computers or other devices.
- Bluetooth tethering: Use Bluetooth tethering to share the device’s mobile data connection with computers or other devices via Bluetooth.
- USB tethering: Use USB tethering to share the device’s mobile data connection with a computer via USB. When connected to a computer, the device is used as a wireless modem for the computer.
Use your device as a mobile hotspot to share your device’s mobile data connection with other devices. Galaxy S8 Hotspot instructions:
- On the Settings screen, tap Connections → Mobile hotspot and tethering → Mobile hotspot.
- Tap the switch to activate it.
- The icon appears on the status bar. Other devices can find your device in the Wi-Fi networks list.
- To set a password for the mobile hotspot, tap → Configure Mobile hotspot and select the level of security. Then, enter a password and tap SAVE.
- On the other device’s screen, search for and select your device from the Wi-Fi networks list.
- On the connected device, use the device’s mobile data connection to access the Internet.
Your phone support Location (GPS, Glonass, Beidou). To set the S8 GPS or change settings for location information permissions, here the instructions:
- On the Settings screen, tap Connections → Location.
- Locating method: Select a network to use for locating your device.
- Improve accuracy: Set the device to use the Wi-Fi or Bluetooth feature to increase the accuracy of your location information, even when the features are deactivated.
- Recent location requests: View which apps request your current location information and their battery usage.
- Location services: View the location services your device is using.
Customise Galaxy S8 Wifi settings to control other features suc as :
- Nearby device scanning: Set the device to scan for nearby devices to connect to.
- Printing: Configure settings for printer plug-ins installed on the device. You can search for available printers or add one manually to print files. Refer to Printing for more information.
- MirrorLink: Use the MirrorLink feature to control your device’s MirrorLink apps on the vehicle’s head unit monitor. Refer to MirrorLink for more information.
- Download booster: Set the device to download files larger than 30 MB, faster via Wi-Fi and mobile networks simultaneously. Refer to Download booster for more information.
- VPN: Set up and connect to virtual private networks (VPNs).
- On the Settings screen, tap Connections → More connection settings.
If you want to print data, images or documentor file on Galaxy S8, You can connect Galaxy S8 to a printer via Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi Direct, and print but some printers may not be compatible. Now configure settings for printer plug-ins installed on the Samsung Galaxy S8.
Adding printer plug-ins
Add printer plug-ins for printers you want to connect the Galaxy S8 that are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On the Settings screen, tap Connections → More connection settings → Printing → Download plug-in.
- Search for a printer plug-in in Play Store.
- Select a printer plug-in and install it.
- Select the printer plug-in and tap the switch to activate it.
- Select a printer to add.
- To add printers manually, tap → Add printer.
While viewing content, such as images or documents, access the options list,
tap Print → → All printers, and then select a printer.
Printing methods may vary depending on the content type.
Connect your device to a vehicle to control your device’s MirrorLink apps on the vehicle’s head unit monitor.
- On the Settings screen, tap Connections → More connection settings → MirrorLink.
Connecting your device to a vehicle via MirrorLink
When using this feature for the first time, connect the device to a Wi-Fi or mobile network.
- Pair your device with a vehicle via Bluetooth.
- Connect your device to the vehicle using a USB cable.
Ending the MirrorLink connection
Unplug the USB cable from your device and the vehicle.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Download Booster
Set the device to download files larger than 30 MB, faster via Wi-Fi and mobile networks simultaneously. A stronger Wi-Fi signal will provide a faster download speed.
- This feature may not be supported by some devices.
- You may incur additional charges when downloading files via the mobile network.
- When you download large files, the device may heat up. If the device exceeds a set temperature, the feature will turn off.
- If network signals are unstable, the speed and performance of this feature may be affected.
- If the Wi-Fi and mobile network connections have significantly different data transfer speeds, the device may use only the fastest connection.
- This feature supports Hypertext Transmission Protocol (HTTP) 1.1 and Hypertext Transmission Protocol Secure (HTTPS). The feature cannot be used with other protocols, such as FTP.
- On the Settings screen, tap Connections → More connection settings → Download booster.
- Just push the Bixby button on the side Press and holding the Bixby button beneath the volume keys.
- Samsung Account log-in and data network connection (Wi-Fi or data network) are required to use this service.
- User interface design can be updated.
We hope you can completly mastering Galaxy S8 Wi-Fi settings connections.