How to Setting Galaxy S8 Blue Light FilterUse the Blue Light Filter features to reduces the blue light which can suppress the production of melatonin ( the sleep-inducing hormone) and help Galaxy S8/S8+ users sleep better. Blue light is a light which has a wavelength of between approximately 380nm and 495nm. It has a very short wavelength, and so produces a higher amount of energy.
Exposure to blue light suppresses the production of the sleep hormone melatonin and can cause sleep disorders. Studies suggest that, over time, exposure to the blue light spectrum could cause serious long-term damage to your eyes. Many people using 3rd party blue light filter app to prevent it. But must you know, while you are watching HDR videos from HDR-exclusive video services, such as Amazon video, the blue light filter on your Galaxy S8 will not be applied this is not the problem but it's ok.
Setup Blue light filter on Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ can be applied manually or automatically
- Manually: Setting or quick panel
- Automatically: schedule or automatic schedule (sunrise and sunset time of the location)
- Settings Blue Light Filter
Blue Light Filter Setting : Use the Blue light filter at night to help you sleep better. You can setup automatically schedule to turn this feature on and off by read this Galaxy S8 User Guide instructions:
- From a Home screen, swipe up to access Apps.
- Tap Settings > Display > Blue light filter, and then choose one of the following options:
- Tap Turn on now to enable this feature.
- Tap Turn on as scheduled to set a schedule for when Blue light filter should be enabled.
- Sunset to sunrise
- Custom schedule