Samsung Galaxy S8 Button DetailLearn some of the key features of your mobile device, including the Galaxy S8 key locations, screens and icons, as well as how to navigate the device and enter text using the keyboard.
Check the Galaxy S8 product that you bougth in the box for the following items:
- Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+
- USB Connector
- Micro USB Connector
- Quick start guide
- The items supplied with the device and any available accessories may vary depending on the region or service provider.
- The supplied items are designed only for this device and may not be compatible with other devices.
- Appearances and specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
- You can purchase additional accessories from your local Samsung retailer. Make sure they are compatible with the device before purchase.
- Use only Samsung-approved accessories. Using unapproved accessories may cause the performance problems and malfunctions that are not covered by the warranty.
- Availability of all accessories is subject to change depending entirely on manufacturing companies. For more information about available accessories, refer to the Samsung website.
- Proximity sensors
- Front camera
- Iris detection LED
- Iris scanner
- Power key
- Volume keys
- Bixby key
- Headset jack
- Fingerprint sensor
- Rear camera
- Microphone (Top)
- Microphone (Buttom)
- Heart rate sensor
- Headset jack
- USB charger/Accessory port
- Vibrator Motor
- SIM Card
- Turns off the screen and disables touch functionality when the device is in close proximity to the human body.
- Turns the screen back on and enables touch functionality when the device is outside a specific range to the human body.
- Briefly press to turn the screen on or off.
- Press and hold to select a power control option.
- Press twice quickly to launch the camera.
- Adjust the volume for ringtones, calls,notifications, and system sounds.
- In the camera app, press a volume key to take a photo.
- Launch the Bixby voice assistant. For more information, see “Bixby”.
|Samsung Galaxy S8||Specifications|
|Dimensions||Galaxy S8: 148.9 x 68.1 x 8.0 mm, 155 g|
|Galaxy S8+: 159.5 x 73.4 x 8.1 mm, 173 g|
|OS||Android 7.0 (Nougat)|
|SIMCard||Single SIM model: one Nano SIM and one MicroSD slot (up to 256GB)|
|Dual SIM model (Hybrid SIM slot): one Nano SIM and one Nano SIM or one MicroSD slot (up to 256GB)|
|Display||Galaxy S8: 5.8″ Quad HD+ Super AMOLED|
|Galaxy S8+: 6.2″ Quad HD+ Super AMOLED|
|Camera||Front: 8MP AF Wide selfie|
|Rear: Dual Pixel 12MP AF|
|Processor||Octa-core (2.3GHz Quad + 1.7GHz Quad), 64 bit, 10nm processor|
|Octa-core (2.35GHz Quad + 1.9GHz Quad), 64 bit, 10nm processor|
|Memory||4GB RAM (LPDDR4)|
|64GB (UFS 2.1)|
|Audio||Ultra High Quality Audio Playback|
|UHQ 32-bit &DSD support|
|PCM: Up to 32 bits|
|DSD64 and DSD128 playback can be limited depending on the file format.|
|MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA, DSF, DFF|
|Pure sound by AKG|
|Hybrid canal type|
|2way Dynamic Unit|
|Wi-Fi||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz),VHT80 MU-MIMO,1024QAM|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth® v 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), ANT+, USB Type-C, NFC, Location (GPS, Galileo, Glonass, BeiDou)|
|Dual Audio: connect two Bluetooth devices to the Galaxy S8 or S8+ to play audio through the two devices simultaneously.|
|The two connected devices may exhibit a slight difference in sound output.|
|Battery||Galaxy S8: 3000mAh|
|Galaxy S8+: 3500mAh|
|Charging||Fast Charging on wired and wireless|
|Wireless Charging compatible with WPC and PMA|
|Supports DisplayPort over USB type-C|
|Hall SensorHR Sensor|
|RGB Light Sensor|
|Security||Lock Type: Pattern, Pin, Password|
|Biometrics Lock Type: Iris Scanner, Fingerprint Scanner, Face Recognition|
|Knox protection: Real-time device monitoring and protection|
|Virus, malware prevention (Powered by Intel Security)|
Start using your Galaxy S8/S8+ by turn it on. The Galaxy S8 instructions below explain how to turn your device on or off.
To turn on Galaxy S8:
Press and hold the Power key until the device turns on.
To turn the device off:
- Press and hold the Power key until the Device options menu is displayed.
- Tap Power off, and confirm if prompted.
Unlock Galaxy S8
Use your device’s screen lock features to secure your device. By default, the device locks automatically when the screen times out.
- To lock the device: Press the Power key. The default Screen lock on your device is Swipe. To choose a more secure screen lock, see Galaxy S8 Home Screen
- To unlock the device: Press the Power key or double-tap Home, and then drag your finger across the screen.