How to Insert Memory Card in Galaxy S8 ActiveThe Samsung Galaxy S8 Active support a microSD card up to 256GB. Please be careful when handling the memory card to avoid damaging it. Keep all memory cards out of reach of small children. Install an optional microSD™ memory card to add more memory space to your device. A memory card can be easy installed at any time not necessary to install it prior to using the device on or off. To prevent data corruption, it is recommended to unmount your memory card before removing it.
Insert Memory Card in Galaxy S8 Active
The GalaxyS8 SIM slot and memory slot location is on the top to the left. Installing a memory card in your device’s memory card capacity may vary from other models and some memory cards may not be compatible with your device depending on the memory card manufacturer and type. To view your device’s maximum memory card capacity, refer to the Samsung website.
• Some memory cards may not be fully compatible with the device. Using an incompatible card may damage the device or the memory card, or corrupt the data stored in it.
• Use caution to insert the memory card right-side up.
• The device supports the FAT and the exFAT file systems for memory cards. When inserting a card formatted in a different file system, the device will ask to reformat the card or will not recognise the card.
To use the memory card, you must format it. If your device cannot format or recognise the memory card, contact the memory card manufacturer or a Samsung Service Centre.
• Frequent writing and erasing of data shortens the lifespan of memory cards.
• When inserting a memory card into the device, the memory card’s file directory appears in the My Files → SD card folder.
Caution: Exercise care when using the removal tool to eject the internal Memory card tray.
Insert Memory Card in to Galaxy S8 Active
Follow this manual instructions to insert memory card in Galaxy S8 Active:
1. Insert the removal tool into the hole on the Memory card tray, and then push until the tray pops out.
2. Turn the tray over and place the microSD in the bottom of the tray. Make sure that the card’s gold contacts face outward and that the card is positioned as shown.
3. Turn the tray over and place the memory card on the top of the tray with the gold contacts facing down.
4. Slide the Memory card tray back into the slot.
Rember: Your Galaxy S8 Active is IP68 evaluated for clean and water resistance. To keep up the water-safe and dust‑resistant components of your gadget, ensure that the Memory card plate openings are kept up free of tidy and water, and the plate is safely embedded preceding any presentation to fluids
Format Memory Card on to Galaxy S8 Active
This procedure erases all data on the memory card. It is recommended to back up the data.
1. From a Home screen, touch and swipe up or down to display all apps. These instructions apply to Standard mode only.
2. From a Home screen, navigate: Settings Settings icon > Storage Storage icon.
3. Tap Format SD card.
4 .If presented, enter the appropriate password, PIN or pattern then tap Continue.
5. Tap Delete all.
A memory card formatted on a computer may not be compatible with the Galaxy S8 Active. You can also format the memory card on the device.
Launch the Settings app and tap Device maintenance → Storage → → Storage settings → SD card → Format.
Before formatting the memory card, remember to make backup copies of all important data stored in the memory card. The manufacturer’s warranty does not cover loss of data resulting from user actions
Removing the Memory Card on Galaxy S8 Active
Before removing the memory card, first unmount it for safe removal.
Launch the Settings app and tap Device maintenance → Storage → → Storage settings → SD card → UNMOUNT.
1 Insert the ejection pin into the hole on the tray to loosen the tray.
2 Pull out the tray gently from the tray slot.
Restarting Galaxy S8 Active
If your Galaxy S8 Active is frozen and unresponsive, press and hold the Power key and the Volume
Down key simultaneously for more than 7 seconds to restart Samsung Galaxy.